Oak Trees MAT Curriculum Rationale
All Oak Trees’ schools are firmly committed to the vision:
‘Achieving Excellence Together.’
The teaching and learning of our curriculum enables adults and children to fulfil this vision by:
- having the belief that everyone has the power to inspire, the power to change and the power to achieve excellence in their own way,
- unlocking potential through knowledge, creativity, application, practice, discovery and passion,
- enabling the community to work together to create greatness inside and outside of the classroom,
- raising aspirations and inspiring children to be ambitious and develop a lifelong love of learning,
- dedicating our well balanced, child centred curriculum to ensure the intellectual, spiritual, cultural and physical development of every child to equip them for life in our society.
Our knowledge-rich curriculum is based on the MAT values and is designed to ensure children and staff have opportunities to:
A key principle of the Oak Trees MAT is that each school has autonomy on its curriculum intent. i.e. the planned knowledge it wants its pupils to learn.